Uncategorised

Showing all 14 results

  • A visit to the LSWR/GWR arch, Tavistock

    £4.00
  • Alton to Basingstoke

    £14.00

    Dumpman Films reveals the charms of another, well-loved and short-lived rural railway.

    This unique line is probably more famous for activities that took place on it after closure than anything that came before, playing host to the 1937 Will Hay film, Oh ! Mr Porter ! It had also been used for the most spectacular staged train crash in British cinematic history when The Wrecker was filmed on it in 1928.

  • Ash Junction to Tongham

    £5.00

    Dumpman Films reveals the charms the disused section of mainline that used to connect Guildford to Farnham in Surrey.

    Starting with a view from the bridge at Ash junction, the route of the old track bed running west is seen, before tumbling into the bushes to see what remains at ground level.

    A short stretch of track is walked, viewing various railway remains, before your cameraman hops on his battered Raleigh Chopper to travel west towards the first stop at Ash Green.

  • Bexhill West Station clock tower exploration

    £7.00

    Dumpman Films set out document the amazing restoration work that had been completed in 2018 on the clock at this disused station.

  • Bishops Waltham to Botley Trackbed Tour

    £6.00

    Opened in 1863, closed to passengers in 1933, this line soldiered on with goods traffic until 1962 when final closure came.

    Starting at site of Bishops Waltham station, the orientation of the station is speculated upon before hopping on the bike and travelling the first kilometre or so of cyclable track bed. Thereafter, a brief section is bypassed (but admired across a field from a distance) before access to the track is regained on foot close to Bishops Waltham water treatment works.

  • Brookwood Cemetery Necropolis Line

    £7.00

    Dumpman Films reveals the charms of another disused branch line.

    This little three quarter mile stretch of track bed, used to be part of the London Necropolis Company line from Waterloo. Following the need for additional burial space in the 1850s, the huge plot at Brookwood was obtained and funeral trains ran here from London. On arrival at Brookwood, the trains then travelled in to the cemetery itself, stopping at either the northern station (for non conformists) or southern station (Anglicans) to drop off coffins and mourners.

  • Hawkhurst Branch Line Trackbed Tour

    £12.00

    Starting at Hawkhurst station site, remaining clues are sought out, including a look inside the remaining engine shed. Thereafter, the course of the track is filmed from public roads until Badger’s Oak tunnel, where the track is travelled to Cranbrook station.

  • Meon Valley Line (Fareham to Alton) Tour

    £15.00

    A detailed film spread over 5 dvd discs, showing an exploration of the vast majority of the track bed, earthworks, tunnels, stations, bridges and other features that remain on this stretch of disused line.

    Opened in 1903, closed to passengers in 1955, explored by Dumpman Films in 2013.

    This film recreates the journey along the 22 mile track bed of the Meon Valley Line, mostly by bike, partly on foot and briefly by car.

  • Mortonhampstead to Bovey Trackbed Tour

    £11.00

    Starting at Moretonhampstead, various remains were seen including the goods shed, listed engine shed and a stretch of platform. This was followed by a short stretch of the Wray Trail, giving way to farm track after a short diversion.

    Spectacular granite bridges, towering embankments and deep, rocky cuttings are seen en route to Lustleigh.

  • Old Blackgang to Niton road explored

    £7.00

    The original road between Blackgang and Niton used to travel along an area known as The Undercliff, one of the most picturesque areas of the Isle of Wight and notoriously prone to landslip. The route was permanently severed in 1928, when a huge cliff fall at the south-eastern end sent a 150 yard section of it plunging towards the sea. Numerous other landslips have occurred since then, including one in 1994 that severely affected the north-eastern end at the site of Blackgang Chine, the well-know amusement park.

  • Placeholder

    Sussex Wartime Bunkers

    £6.00
  • West Moors to Salisbury (Alderbury Jnc)

    £13.00

    An early victim of Beeching’s cuts; this line is followed as faithfully as possible on foot, searching out all visible remains, including numerous crossing keepers’ cottages and the station sites at West Moors, Verwood, Daggons Road, Fordingbridge, Breamore, Downton and Alderbury Junction.

    Starting at West Moors, the position of the original station and M.O.D. fuel siding is shown, as is the still remaining crossing keeper’s cottage.

    Various sections of track bed are travelled towards Verwood station, taking in crossing keepers’ cottages at Neville Lane, Revel’s Crossing and Horton Common Crossing. Past Verwood, a couple of bridges are used as vantage points before travelling the track bed across Cranborne Common, showing an assortment of bridges and crossings before arriving at Daggons Road station, where remaining clues are captured.

  • Westerham Branch Line Trackbed Tour

    £7.00

    This little branch line was destined to become another preservation success story in the early 1960s, until the powers that be decided to build the M25 motorway along a sizable section of it. Much energy and private finance went into the Westerham Valley Association in an attempt to keep it open with a mixture of commuter and tourist traffic. Sadly, this was not to be and the sections of track bed that escaped being buried under the motorway now remain in short, truncated sections.

  • Weymouth Quay Line Trackbed Travelled

    £4.00

    Starting at Weymouth Quay Ferry Terminal, some shots are taken before travelling the line. Then, with the camera bolted to the top of a car, the line is driven in the early morning (so as to be less cluttered by traffic) as faithfully as possible towards Weymouth station. Sights along the way include the remaining platform at Custom House Quay, Town Bridge and the additional loop that the GWR built in the 1930s to ease the steepness of one of the original curves.